Hello, dear all. It's so good to find you and I hope you can help me with some answers.
I have just moved to Brno with my husband and we "plan" a baby. He's working full-time, has insurance and everything, but I work part-time, as a freelancer. I work with children, teaching English and babysitting. I have a "dohoda" with one of the families, but they told me that I should go and pay the health insurance by myself, because I get less than 1000Kc, so they do not pay the taxes for me.
Where should I go to pay? how much do I have to pay? Will I get the maternal leaving when the baby comes or should pay for the social insurance as well?
We are from Romania, so EU citizens.
Thanks a lot,
you will not be entitled to receive maternity benefit, because you are not participating as an employee in the sickness insurance plan for at least 270 calendar days over the last two years before the startind day of your maternity leave or you paid the insurance yourself as an entrepreneur. Freelancers, too, may collect maternity leave pay as long as they’ve paid Czech health insurance premiums for at least 180 days in the year prior to the commencement of maternity leave.
You wil receive parental benefit, because the father of the child has been working (insured) in the Czech Republik and the family lives in the Czech Rep.
PARENTAL BENEFIT (RODIČOVSKÝ PŘÍSPĚVEK)
• Parental benefits are one of the benefits provided by the State Social Support (Státní sociální podpora, SSP)
• Parental benefits are intended for parents who take care, properly and during the whole day, of a child under 4 years of age (the youngest child). Parents can take turns after some time in taking care of their child. (Attention! Father can apply for this benefit only as long as he is included in the child’s birth certificate.)
• After fulfilling certain conditions, you can plan your parental benefits and to choose the length and amount of the benefit.
• Parental benefits can be provided the longest until the child reaches the age of 4 and shortest until the age of two of the child, until the total parental benefit paid reaches 220 000 CZK.
• As a foreigner, you are entitled to this benefit if you have had residence permit for longer than one year and both you and your child have a valid residence permit in the Czech Republic.
• For having the parental benefits granted, it does not matter how much do you earn in your family. The income determines only the amount of money you will receive every month.
• The amount is decided according to your income or income of the child’s father. If your income or income of the child’s father is higher than given limit, you can choose how long do you wish to get the benefits – and according to the time, you will receive the monthly allowance.
• Parental benefits cannot be higher than 70 % of previous income and higher than 11 500 CZK/month (which applies for income higher than 16 500 CZK before taxes).
• During the time you are getting the parental benefits, you can decide to change the length (and therefore the amount of money) once in three months and to take turns in taking care of the child.
You do not have choice in case you did not have sickness insurance before and therefore you are not entitled to financial aid during your maternity leave (mateřská dovolená). The same applies in case you were an entrepreneur and you did not pay your sickness insurance.
Currently, also the father’s income is included in the calculation (but there is no need for the sickness insurance to be paid). If none of parents meets the conditions or their incomes are too low, the monthly allowance stays the same: until the child’s age of 9 month, you get 7 600 CZK and from 10th month on you get 3 800 CZK. The total amount you will get is 216 000 CZK.
er 2 years of age, there is a limit of 46 hours per month to spend in nursery or kindergarten. If you need to work or run your business to some extent, you have to provide another adult responsible person to take care of your child. There are no limits for children above 2 years of age.
You have to apply at the State Social Support (Státní sociální podpora, SSP) at labour offices (Úřad práce) according to your place of residence, after:
• You have finished getting maternity benefits (peněžitá pomoc v mateřství, PPM).
• You did not get maternity benefits, but you were on sick leave due to pregnancy and giving birth.
• You did not get neither maternity benefits nor sick pay.
• You got maternity benefits, but it was decided to be lower than are the parental benefits (7 600 CZK). You can apply to get the difference also during the time you are getting your maternity benefits.
The application consists of a child’s birth certificate, filled form, confirmation whether you have or not maternity benefits issued by a regional social support office (okresní/pražská správa sociálního zabezpečení), confirmation of your income, confirmation that you have a valid residence permit in the Czech Republic (or history of your stay – issued by OAMP MV), filled questionnaire about your place of residence and other attachments.
OTHER TYPES OF STATE SOCIAL SUPPORT
• BIRTH GRANT. A “birth grant” is a one-time payment given to low-income families (households) to help with expenses in connection with a first child. A woman who gives birth to her first child (born within the Czech Republic, i.e., prior children born outside the Czech Republic do not affect eligibility) and her family income is less than 2.4-times the subsistence minimum is eligible for this payment. The one-time payment is 13 000 CZK.
• If the family (household) income is low, you can apply for child welfare support (přídavek na dítě) or housing support (příspěvek na bydlení).
• http://www.mpsv.cz/cs/11580 - Calculator of maternity benefits
• http://www.mpsv.cz/en/1603 (in English)
Poslechněte si rozhovor s Eliškou Kodyšovou o kurzu Nové šance pro rodiče v obtížné situaci.
Kurz pro rodiče ve složité situaci
Práce, komunikace, výchova,
finanční poradenství, seberozvoj,
Chcete mít příručku doma v PDF nebo v tištěné verzi ?
Rádi vám ji zdarma poskytneme
* nebo jednotlivé články najdete v sekci Rady a informace.
Na stránkách www.saminadeti.cz najdete užitečné tipy, odkazy, rady ad.
Pomoc obětem domácího a sexuálního násilí
Máte nás rádi?
Nakupujte ve svých oblíbených internetových obchodech přes web GIVT.cz. Část z vaší útraty půjde na naši podporu.
Nestojí Vás to nic navíc!
Naše webové stránky prošly rekonstrukcí. Vyplněním
krátkého formuláře nám velmi pomůžete.
Budeme rádi za Vaše postřehy a připomínky.